Need to learn more about computers, the Internet, programming, how to use the latest software? Are you interested in keeping your knowledge skills on the leading edge? If you are, then NTPCUG is where you will want to be.
- Computer Users
- IT Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- April 20, 2019
- May 18, 2019
- June 15, 2019
- July 20, 2019
- August 17, 2019
- September 21, 2019
- October 19, 2019
- November 16, 2019
- December 21, 2019
Here’s what we plan for our April 20th meeting:
- HTPC/Home Automation – 8:00 am
Home Theater (or Media) PCs and Home Automation come in an endless range of capability, complexity and price. Come join us as we cover this new & exciting area. Home Automation covers everything from setting your thermostat to having your refrigerator order milk. Join us!
- Microsoft PowerShell – 8:00 – 10:00 am
The first hour starting at 8:00 am, we cover topics and demonstrations that come up in informal discussion
At 9am, Josh Miller will present the topic “Using the Module Builder, Importing from Nuget and PSD1 configuration files”
- Windows Tips & Tricks – 9:00 – 11:00 am.
Open Q & A. If you have a “troubled” system, contact Chuck or Gil for a possible “Live, No Net” troubleshooting session in front of the group.
- Making Money Online – 9:00 am
In the April 20th MMO SIG meeting, Howard Harkness will show some free tools that he has used to grow the follower count on his Twitter accounts, and a couple of free tools (in addition to the auto-tweeter available to the members of the MMO SIG that have been doing beta-testing) that he currently uses to get wider distribution of tweets. The presentation will include some strategies and tactics to improve the effectiveness of tweeting. One of the main uses of Twitter for internet marketing is for posting links to blog posts and affiliate links.
Currently, Twitter is one of the most effective free venues for advertising, although that might not be true in the not-too-distant future (we will discuss some possible new venues that might displace Twitter soon). For now, however, the greater your follower count, the more valuable Twitter is as an advertising platform.
- Microsoft Office Suite – 9:00 am – ???
- [9:00 am] Excel – Frank Tubbs will be returning with exciting topics on Excel. Q&A always an option.
- [10:30 am or so] MS Word & MS PowerPoint– Sharon Dorsey will give one of her oldie but goodie presentations on a specific topic. Or provide answers to specific questions. Whoever attends gets to decide. Maybe we’ll do both!
- AppDev – 10:00 am – Noon
… presented by Tom Perkins and Chris Morgan
- The Internet – 11:00 am
- Windows Inside/Out – 12:30 pm
- Quick Removal is now the default for external storage devices (as of 1809)
- What to expect from the “May 2019 Update” (a.k.a. 1903)
- Wireless Communication – 12:30 pm
In April, we will be talking about Personal VPNs in our April monthly meeting.