Need to learn more about computers, the Internet, programming, how to use the latest software? Are you interested in keeping your knowledge skills on the leading edge? If you are, then NTPCUG is where you will want to be.
- Computer Users
- IT Professionals
- Small Business Owners
(all on 3rd Saturdays)
- July 21, 2018
- August 18, 2018
- September 15, 2018
- October 20, 2018
- November 17, 2018
- December 15, 2018
Our July 21st meeting will include …
- HTPC/Home Automation – 8:00 am (Not meeting in July !!)
Home Theater (or Media) PCs and Home Automation come in an endless range of capability, complexity and price. Come join us as we cover this new & exciting area. Home Automation covers everything from setting your thermostat to having your refrigerator order milk. Join us!!
- Microsoft PowerShell – 8:00 – 10:00 am
In July, we will again use the full two hours to cover topics and demonstrations that come up in informal discussion. Bring yours – let’s talk about them !!
- Microsoft Excel – 9:00 am
- Windows Tips & Tricks – 9:00 – 11:00 am
Life on the Street –– If you have a ‘troubled’ system, contact Chuck or Gil for a possible ‘live, no net’ troubleshooting session.
- Making Money Online – 8:00 am
For the July meeting, we will discuss Social Media Automation: The good, the bad, and the REALLY UGLY. Presented by Howard Harkness via Zoom from Tulsa, OK
- Microsoft Word – 10:00 am
Did you look in File Options? Come to our session for a closer look into options for saving, display, proofing, editing and other hidden features.
- AppDev – 10:00 am – Noon
In July, Chris Morgan will continue with WordPress, part 2. Setting up a website, creating users and assigning privileges, adding photos, menus, editing content, colors, backgrounds, etc.
- Microsoft Access – 11:00 am
In July, we’ll look at a sample database and review how it is set up, then we’ll have a Question and Answer session, so bring your questions.
- The Internet – 11:00 am
- New ways to use the Internet for personal safety
- How to use a OneDrive Personal Account to Protect Data NOT in your OneDrive Folder
- Keep Track of Your Tasks with the Microsoft To-Do App.
- Windows Inside/Out – 12:30 pm
In July, I’ll be discussing and demonstrating features that were added in the Windows 10 April Update, including:
- New Ways to Recover Your Password (both local user and Microsoft account)
- How to use Focus Assist
- How to use Storage Sense
- How to Share Files using Nearby Sharing
- Wireless Communication – 12:30 pm
We will be talking about Software Defined Radio in our July SIG meeting. Software Defined Radio is RF communication using software (firmware) to perform signal processing that is usually performed by hardware.